Monday 1 June 2015

D.I.Y. Platform 9 and 3/4 sign

Hi everybody!!

Yes, it's been ages... again... But I'm here with an awesome tutorial for you! 



Now, everyone know's I love, love, LOOOOVE Harry Potter. Well, I've seen these Platform 9 3/4 sign's online- YouTubers have them and Etsy is selling them and apparently, a market in the U.K. has them. Alas, I'm in Ireland and currently have no money to spend on such items, so I decided to make my own! I tried googling it, to see if anyone has any tutorials for me to watch on it, but apparently, noone else seems to have posted one. Then, I thought I should.
So I did! 



----------------------------------------­--------------------------------
Some little notes for you on what I used and how I made it:
~The board I used was 38" x 5.5", but it can be any size. This just happened to be what my Dad had in the shed.

~Make sure to sand the board before you start so it has a nice, smooth finish.
~I drew the letters and numbers freehand and with a ruler- I had a photo of the sign at King's Cross opened in front of me. Link and link.
~I made the letters 4cm from the top and 4cm from the bottom and they go just past halfway across. But because the numbers are bigger, I made them 2cm from the top and 2cm from the bottom.
~The black paint I used is designed for use on model toys I believe, (a link to this paint is here) but it say's it can be used on metal, wood and other surfaces. The White is just ordinary Dulux wallpaint- you could use this or acrylic. ~I used 2 coats of black and 4 of the off-white and I didn't need anywhere near the amount of paint that I have pictured. This really doesn't use much. 
~This took me about 8-10 hours between waiting for coats to dry.
~I have yet to figure out how to hang it up, but I think picture hoops screwed into the back (one at each side) would be the best choice. 
~I didn't varnish it as I don't want it shiny, but you can if you wish :)


I made a video on it, so you can watch me make it. Here it is!


Please watch and enjoy :) Here is a link to the video on YouTube if you need it! 



Any other questions, please ask :) Let me know if you make one and how it turns out!
----------------------------------------­--------------------------------


3 comments:

  1. best hair loss vitamins - Maxi Gummy Hair Growth Vitamins - Supports Hair, Skin & Nails | Grow Hair Faster, Stronger and Longer | 60 Gummies: Amazon.co.uk: Health & Personal Care

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Dear,
    Thanks for sharing such a useful blog. Really! This Blog is very informative for us which contains a lot of information about the Counselling For Men. I like this post. Please visit at "Solgar",Dr Natura oferuje szeroki zakres naturalne suplementy diety, Witaminy, Minerała, Solgar, Viridian, kosmetyki, porady lekarza holistyka oraz zdrowa żywność. Współpracujemy tylko z najlepszymi producentami na rynku.


    Visit Here - https://dr-natura.pl/Thanks

    ReplyDelete
  3. Short Full Hair Extension Welcome to Fortune Hair Store, Get the best hair extension & wig for women at the affordable price. We offer 8 styles curly human hair wig and blue deep wave wig with bangs. Shop now invisible wire & short full hair extension online for women's.

    ReplyDelete